ALL aboard! The guys from Frome Men’s shed made an appearance at the Cheese Show earlier this month – showcasing their handmade, oar powered floatation device – the almighty coracle. It was made for a race which took place in July – after the Welsh Men’s Sheds Association threw down the gauntlet late last year.
Privacy, terms and safety
Privacy and cookies
When you provide us with your personal information, ie when you contact us or purchase a membership or goods from us, we take reasonable precautions to protect that information. We may share your details within the Guild in order to best help you, but we will never sell or pass your details outside of the Association nor use it for unnecessary purposes.
Cookies are text files which are stored on your computer. They enhance your experience using the website, such as remembering where you are in the payment process. They also help us receive anonymous data about website usage, and extend your Facebook usage experience. If you do not accept cookies on our website, your user experience may be affected.
If you use our online payments service, please be aware that this is provided by Stripe and as such you are subject to their policies which are detailed above.
All content on this site, unless otherwise stated, is Copyright © The Coracle Society and its contributors and should not be used without our permission. We ask you not to copy, reproduce or otherwise edit or use our content. Commercial use, including charitable, of our content requires our express permission. Personal use, including academic, is permitted without prior permission.
Any links to other websites, details about events or news items that we publish is provided "as is" and without warranty - we accept no responsibility for errors or omissions, nor for the content of third party websites. Provision of such material does not suggest or confirm endorsement by The Coracle Society.
Finally, parts of our website permit members to post content, such as news and comments. This facility is provided in good faith - whilst we endeavour to review content prior to publication, The Coracle Society is not responsible for any content that is published by our members. By using this facility, you agree to:
- not post anything that is defamatory, illegal, or encourages illegal activity
- not use language or content that offends, such as swearing, racist, homophobic, abusive or other objectionable material
- not impersonate anyone else
- not post "spam" messages
- or anything else that goes against the spirit of the Society
We reserve the right to moderate content and where a user consistently flouts these terms, we reserve the right to block access to these extra website features.
Please remember that content posted through Contribute or on our website can be viewed by anyone online. Therefore:
- never post passwords, or permit others to use your account
- where there is a need for you to give personal information, such as your name and address, consider if you are happy for this information to be published. Restrict this to a level with which you are comfortable with, or ask that communications are made to you via the Secretary
- for more information and tips on keeping safe online, visit Get Safe Online